Okay, I'm a sucker for these kinds of questionnaires - anything for family or friends. This one comes from ma cousine in Ithaca:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:00 am
2. Diamonds or Pearls? Pearls, absolutely. Nothing against diamonds, but I love pearls. Especially freshwater ones.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Geesh! The Life Aquatic at the cheapies in Davis Square.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Probably Nova. Reception's bad on Winter Hill and I'm too cheap to get cable.
5. What did you have for breakfast? A muffin, a banana and a small decaf from the convenience store next to my office
6. What is your middle name? Ann
7. What is your favorite cuisine? I'm pretty equal-opportunity when it comes to cuisine, which explains my constant 'battle of the bulge.' If you want me to narrow it down, well, I'd say that my favorite's between Eastern European and Asian.
8. What foods do you dislike? I used to say brussels sprouts, but had some really good ones recently (stir fried with bacon). The real issue is over cooking. I hate vegetables that are overcooked. Particularly brussels sprouts and broccoli when it's cooked to the point of smelling like farts.
9. What is your favorite Potato chip? Utz dill pickle flavor.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Kate Bush's new one: Aerial. It's brilliant.
11. What kind of car (truck) do you drive? I don't have a car now. If I were to have one it'd be a Honda Civic like Speed Racer (Pablo's) or a Sephia like Hal's Kia Pet, though, if that means anything.
12. What is your favorite sandwich? 12 grain bread with a schmear of Hellman's mayo and Dijon mustard, lettuce, tomato, some sort of mild cheese like muenster, hard salami and/or ham. It's pretty healthy and good for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
13. Favorite item of clothing? My red plaid flannel PJ bottoms.
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would
you go? Either back to the French Alps or back to Rabat.
15. What color is your bathroom? Beige and white.
16. Favorite brand of clothing? Salvation Army Private Label
17. Where would you want to retire to? Western New York
18. Favorite time of day? Morning
19. Where were you born? Buffalo, NY
20. Favorite sport to watch on TV? Baseball
21. Who do you least expect to send this back? People I don't know who don't read this blog?
22. Person you expect to send it back first? No idea.
23. What type of detergent do you use? Whatever's on sale! (currently CVS brand)
24. Coke or Pepsi? DIET Coke
25. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Morning person
26. What size shoe do you wear? 10.5/11 US 42 EU
27. Do you have pets? 2 cats: Mamasan and Ampersand (who looks more like a badger than a cat now)
28. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? Well. I have plans to move back to Buffalo in the near future (at the end of the lease cycle, ¡Ojala!). With Hal.
29. What did you want to be when you were little? A translator for the UN or an astronomer.
30. Favorite candy bar? Plain Hershey's. Special Dark, if they make them bigger than the bite-sized version.
31. What is your best childhood memory? Time spent with Paula and Janice at their home, or with my cousins on the farm in Delevan, NY
32. Different jobs you've had in your life? Paperboy, office cleaner, library assistant, baker, discount store clerk, data entry clerk, music store salesperson, warehouse manager, cataloger for an antiquarian bookseller, translator, technical writer, tutor, secretary, bookkeeper, IT helpdesk assistant, HR representative, bureaucrat.
33. What color underwear are you wearing? Leopard-spotted.
34. Nicknames: Be, Bebere, La Beverlianna, La Buffalina del West, Brunhilde/The Valkyrie
35. Piercings? Ears: 2 & 2
36. Ever been to Africa? Yes
37. Ever been toilet papered? Can't say that I have.
38. Love someone so much it made you cry? Good Lord, yes.
39. Ever been in a car accident? Yep. Wasn't my fault, either.
40. Croutons or bacon bits? Croutons
41. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
42. Favorite restaurant? Hmm: Tu y Yo by the Powderhouse Rotary, Wang's in Magoun, Pho Pasteur in Chinatown, Addis Red Sea in the South End, Casa Portugal in Inman Square, Kelly's on Reveah Beach, The Paddock (Honey), on Meh-fuh Street.
43. Favorite flower? Daisies and beach roses.
44. Favorite ice cream? Sweet Cream, Christina's Khulfi, Burnt Sugar.
45. Disney or Warner Brothers? Warner Brothers, absolutely!
46. Favorite fast food restaurant? Wendy's
47. What color is your bedroom carpet? Nyah...I have hardwood floors!
48. How many times did your fail you drivers test? None
49. Before this one, from whom did you get your last email? Sad to say, but Spam.
50. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Am not really into retail therapy, to be honest. If I had to choose something, I guess it would be Schoenhof's foreign books in Harvard Square and maybe the place in NYC that sells all the Marimekko stuff.
51. What do you most often do when you are bored? I really don't get bored. Pastimes, though, are blogging, knitting, playing the piano, listening to music, among other things.
52. Who are you most curious about their responses to this
53. Last person you went to dinner with? Pablo and Hacksaw at Wang's.
54. Ford or Chevy? I really like that new Mustang.
55. How many tattoos do you have? One - on my right shoulder.
56. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Good Lord! The egg!
57. How many people are you sending this survey to? I look at these things in terms of Quality, not Quantity.